Introductions

brown dog

Dear All,

Thank you to those who've joined recently who've been making introductory posts; but there's really no need :)

Introductions are sort of 'what other boards do'; and I just don't think there's a need to on a UKV.

What sets UKV apart is the fact that we behave like intelligent adults; so, if you're new to UKV please don't feel any need to introduce yourself:

Please just take it 'as read' that all you have to do is come here; behave in accordance with the UKV principles (see below) and you'll be welcome - no need for intros, just join the discussion :)

UKV Principles:

Posts - All 'discussions' to be as you would be chatting with a shooting acquaintance over a single post-shoot pint.

Pics - If you couldn't get it developed on the high street, don't post it.

Politics -Post nothing that would bring shooting sports or the site into disrepute.

• 1 year later...

Hi all

I joined up recently by have not posted yet. Just had an email suggesting I post or be deleted... Have been shooting for the last couple of years mainly targets but now got some land permission so will be trying to keep the local vermin population under control

Regards

Simon

Got it this morning

Admin are having a tidy today, any members that have a post count of less than one will be deleted. If you wise to stay simply introduce yourself in the Hello section.

Thanks admin

Came from noreply@zetaboards.com

Not from us as we're on invision :)

Dear All,

Thank you to those who've joined recently who've been making introductory posts; but there's really no need smile.gif

Introductions are sort of 'what other boards do'; and I just don't think there's a need to on a UKV.

What sets UKV apart is the fact that we behave like intelligent adults; so, if you're new to UKV please don't feel any need to introduce yourself:

Please just take it 'as read' that all you have to do is come here; behave in accordance with the UKV principles (see below) and you'll be welcome - no need for intros, just join the discussion smile.gif

UKV Principles:

Posts - All 'discussions' to be as you would be chatting with a shooting acquaintance over a single post-shoot pint.

Politics -Post nothing that would bring shooting sports or the site into disrepute.

Think the opening post is worth a bump

• 4 months later...

How do all. Just signed up but been great help already. I'm starting a project in 308 nothing special, it's a tikka t3 varmint base. Cerakote armour black. Vortex mrad PST 6x24x50 and precision mounts, with third eye 20moa rail. And hopefully soon a third eye stock. Looking to shoot at a 1000 and to start reloading. So reading posts all ready.

How do all. Just signed up but been great help already. I'm starting a project in 308 nothing special, it's a tikka t3 varmint base. Cerakote armour black. Vortex mrad PST 6x24x50 and precision mounts, with third eye 20moa rail. And hopefully soon a third eye stock. Looking to shoot at a 1000 and to start reloading. So reading posts all ready.

Weilcome to the Site buddy , grab a cuppa and have a moosey arround.

Dear All,

Thank you to those who've joined recently who've been making introductory posts; but there's really no need smile.gif

Please just take it 'as read' that all you have to do is come here; behave in accordance with the UKV principles (see below) and you'll be welcome - no need for intros, just join the discussion smile.gif

UKV Principles:

No need for intros; but thank you and welcome :)

• 8 months later...

Greetings all - My name is Rob, I'm 55 and live in rural NE Scotland. I've been shooting since the age of ten or thereabouts, smallbore/fullbore, rough & game shooting, deer stalking, stalked/driven boar, wild goats, rabbits, white hares etc., been there/done that, but not much over the past decade or so owing to ill health.

I've come to the stage that I have to get back to it as the bug has risen from its lair at bitten me badly again. I've just ordered my first new rifle in over 20 years - a Tikka T3 Super Varmint in .300 WSM and bought a Swarovski Z6 3-18x50P BT L, so I'm itching to get out on the range once it arrives, and hopefully go out after the odd Bambi, fitness permitting.

I look forward to learning a lot of new tips and techniques and in particular to bring my hand-loading skills up-to-date.

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon

I'm a keeper in the midlands and shoot various calibres for vermin and deer 22/250 6.5 x55 and 308 with the rim fire and shottys of course I'm a member of a couple of forums and enjoy the banter and have made a couple of real friends who I stalk regularly with via the forum .

Regards

L200

I know we don't have to introduce ourselves but I thought I would anyway. I'm a fulltime stalker from bonnie Scotland, been doing it longer than I can remember. Hopefully I can add to the discussions on the forum, see you around

Ranger270

I know we don't have to introduce ourselves but I thought I would anyway. I'm a fulltime stalker from bonnie Scotland, been doing it longer than I can remember. Hopefully I can add to the discussions on the forum, see you around

Ranger270

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I been a guest for some while but managed to get registered after the odd gremlin.

Came up the air rifle route, CCF good old No's 3 and at end 7.62 SLR, then shot gun, fanatical pigeon shooter for years. Shot competitive 10m and Bell target in the 80's. 20+yrs air gun hunting before getting FAC.

Currently doing lots of fox control with NV, ie HD38s and Dro Pro, mates kit but we have been an effective foxing team for over a decade.

Stalk quite a few roe, occassional Munty and got my first Fallow doe this year.

Have been reloading for quite a few years, currently for .223 and .243.

Very knowledgable on air rifles mainly springers but do also have FAC rated Daystate in .177.

Regards

D

• 3 weeks later...

I just started too ... I have a humble CZ 452 lr .22 for vermin. Now after looking at all the posts and info I feel a bit insignificant! Anyway .. I`m hoping to join a Club shortly and may get out me c card and buy something suitable for long range, can`t wait. Also, something for Foxing too as I`m about to get a night vision setup,

:)

• 5 months later...

Hi all from castle Douglas. 46 YR old dairyman, shoot a .22lr Mossberg synthetic with cheap hawk scope, a .22-250 A-Bolt teamed with a T8 mod and leupold VX-3 scope, .270 A-Bolt teamed with predator mod and meopta 6-18x50 scope. Just starting reloading ( gathering equipment) as off work ATM due to being attacked by a protective mummy cow, and needed a new hobby to pass the time.

• 2 years later...

Hi all

I know I don't have to,but I will been lurking round the site now for a while

So I thought id say hello,

Ive been shooting for a while now mainly clays and been in a couple of game syndicates,

Started rifle shooting about 4 years ago first rimfires,

Then on to c/f,im a member of 2 rifle clubs and shoot ponteland mod ranges 

Im into reloding my own ammo,which I enjoy,but there's a lot learn ,

Really like this site its very informative,

Anyway thats enough of me babbling on,

Atb

Al

• 9 months later...
On 4/3/2018 at 11:19 AM, stottycake said:

Hi all

I know I don't have to,but I will been lurking round the site now for a while

So I thought id say hello,

Ive been shooting for a while now mainly clays and been in a couple of game syndicates,

Started rifle shooting about 4 years ago first rimfires,

Then on to c/f,im a member of 2 rifle clubs and shoot ponteland mod ranges 

Im into reloding my own ammo,which I enjoy,but there's a lot learn ,

Really like this site its very informative,

Anyway thats enough of me babbling on,

Atb

Al

Hi 

New to the forum myself. Used to live in Northumberland and shot at ponteland wit st George's, just curious which clubs are shooting there nowadays 

cheers 

dave 

• 1 month later...