NEW 243 AI

Hi all

I have a 243 AI no neck tern repeater, rifle for sale,the specks are

stiller predator action.

The Predator line of actions are designed for hunting type of use. It is a drop in replacement for the Remington 700 series actions.

All action bodies use 416R stainless steel hardened to 41 Rockwell C.

Armoloy industrial hard chrome style coating on bolt for smooth action and galling prevention. Bolt is also factory lapped

Bolt hole is gun-drilled and then wire edm'ed with the rails to ensure exact tolerances and size control. Bolt fit to body is .0035 to .0045.

Rails incorporate anti-bind rail for smooth operation when sliding bolt across port cutout.

Repeaters have extended magazine cutout for use with HS Precision or Wyatt Outdoors extended magazines as well as factory Remington.

<LI>Davidson dovetail or picatinny rails are available from SPF. Standard front Remington bases fit both front and rear mounts.

<LI>Bolt stop is on side above the stock line.

<LI>Full round back and smaller port allow for a much stiffer action and perfect scope alignment.

<LI>Uses industry standard Remington style firing pin.

<LI>All actions use 1.0625-16 tpi, 0.700 inch headspace.

<LI>Available in right bolt right port only. All CNC machined

Picture051.jpg

Arnold jewel trigger, top safety.these triggers are very good, and you can set them to match the way you like the feel of a trigger, IE sear engagement, over travel, and pull force

they are made from air craft grade 300 series stainless sheet steel

and the internal parts are made from 3/16" 440c stainless steel heat treated and tempered throughout to 58 rockwell c scale.

the trigger is very easy to clean, just flush after each barrel cleaning with lighter fluid. you do not have to oil the trigger,in fact it is not recommended at all.

Picture058.jpg

the barrel is a loather Walther super match grade 1 in 8 twist stainless steel

it is finished of at 25" with a 1/2" unf x 20 TPI thread on the end, that will fit most of the moderators out there.

this barrel will stabilize the 105g bullets and will all so shoot the lighter varmint type bullets.

it is chambered in 243 AI no neck turn, minimum SAMMi spec.(and will except factory ammo)

the rifle was designed to be a foxing / deer rifle,due to the twist i have specked.

the rifle weighs in at 8 Lb at the moment.

MC Milan hunter style stock

which has been pillar and Dev con bedded to a very high standard, and is glass like to look at,my pictures do not do it justice,

i am waiting for the floor plate to arrive and this rifle will be good to go.

if you would like a load developing then i can accommodate, but i have found that this is not necessary as this type of rifle is so easy to load for.

i have got this rifle advertised @ £2,200 on a different web site.

but any active member on here can have it for £2,000

Picture049.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture054.jpg

thanks for looking

Colin ;)

Nice looking shooter that col what sort of groups is it returning?

Dave

hi Dave

i have not shot the rifle,it has had the one proof shot through it,thats all.

but i may buy some 243 ammo and put some through it to see what she can do.

fire forming and factory ammo i would expect 1/2" @ 100. if i sat some on the lands and dropped some powder in a case i would expect a lot better,the others have all shot better,so there is no reason y this one should not

ATB

Colin

Archived